Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irish national rally - 2012

Hi all

I have returned from a trip home to Ireland where for a night & a day we followed the Irish national rally (approx 180 bikes) in the beautiful "wilderness " of west cork & Kerry. A really great event. The Healy pass and the dingle peninsula among the highlights

Bike riders from Uk (50%)' Ireland Belgium Germany USA Nederands & Malta attended riding mostly civvy machinery but supported by a few m20's a 5sw a nice g3 a BMW outfit & solo BMW

It consists of 4 days of riding, a morning and afternoon run, with a central base hotel for the week, Tuesday to Friday.
Entry Fee consists of rally entry, 4 nights hotel accommodation, breakfast, lunch & evening meal with some decidedly Irish social evenings fired in on top of this too

If anyone is up for a great week of riding wd bikes in countryside which resembles western Scotland for a great deal, drop me a line, no watching this rally for me next year

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Irish national rally - 2012

I was supposed to be there, but didn't make it, hopefully next year!

See some pictures of the other dutchies here;

http://tdvma.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

I saw some of those NL bikes on the Sammy Miller run last Sunday. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Always wanted a cammy Norton, but i dunno anymore... One would have to carry a gallon of oil around with you!!

Hi lex

Nice photos

I met those lads at top of Healey pass and enjoyed an ice cream with them, its very civilised up there these days compared to years ago :-D

It's a stunning piece of road, like something from Austria, many stop to celebrate just to Mark the achievement

That 5s is a nice bike, I took many photos of it

I met andy tiernan and Geoff smith on the run too, they were rely enjoying it

Maybe next year we can enjoy a beer and dave McMahon( the ridge man) on his squeeze box

Yeah that Norton was a bit on the oily side :-D

Jo'b

Isn't it quite difficult to get a place on the rally ? Almost as hard as Banbury, I thought.

If you plan ahead Rik it can happen !!

Even though we know the organisers very well, it still can't guarantee entry

That's why I'm on the case now

JO'b

Hi John,
Yes, you must ride it next year! It will be nice to see you again, and actually SPEAK to you this time!

I only get to ride along 2 of the 4 days each year as I have to share the ride with my mum! So its a big family affair for us Smiths. Jeff is fanatic about it, already planning next year's trip. We drove to a big show here this weekend (Davenport, Iowa) (and yes, picked up another WD M20) and about 3 of the 4 hours drive down there were spent talking about this year and next year's Irish Rally!

I only took just a couple of war machine photos at the event, which I've posted (hopefully viewable) here: https://picasaweb.google.com/104980027696379716371/IrishNationalRally2011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNnw4JrUkMKdiQE&feat=directlink

Chris Smith..

email (option): chri@classicbikebooks.com

Nieuwe pagina 1