Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Northeastern USA

Hello,

This Saturday is the Vintage Motorcycle Show at the Owls Head Transpotation Museum in Rockland Maine. Sam Cormier and I will be attending and we would like to invite any one from the Northeast that may be reading this on the forum to join us. We can meet up between 9:30-10:00am. It shouldn't be too hard to find us as we're probably the only WD guys there.

See you there!
James

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

Re: Northeastern USA

I've heard of the Owl's head show and would love to attend. I'm in Nova Scotia, maybe next year (then there will be 3 WD guys). Where is Rockland in relation to Portland?
Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Sorry James, too far down on Long Island, but maybe next time.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Owl's head is a spectacular transportation museum and their bike show is awesome, worth planning to attend. It's on labor day weekend every year. they coincide it with an airshow of their own vintage aircraft, many from WWI. Rockland is on the coast, north of Portland.

Any of you guys familiar with the story of the first wheeled vehicle to make it to Hudson Bay? It was an Ariel single and sidecar ridden by a Brit from the Isle of Man.
A great story...I have the book covering the (two) trips he made if anyone over there is interested....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian, I'm not familiar with that story. How about you Sam? Sounds interesting, any more info? Sam and I had a great day at Owls Head today. Vintage motorcycles and WW1 vintage planes flying over head all day! We saw 1917 Harley driving around making fantastic sounds. There were about 200 vintage motorcycles attending and at noon all of them were started and reved up the engines. Definitely a good time!!! Oh, did I mention lots of dripping oil?

hi james,sounds like a great day out ,i hope to visit america one day.great name any relation to the great jacques? cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi James...Sounds like you had a great weekend at the rally...any pictures?..If you are interested in the book and you are prepared to cover the postage it's yours 'free gratis'....Ian

Hi Rick,

There is a distant relation to Jacques, however ther's no chance that I'll be inheriting the Calypso any time soon! We lost the "O" in the name when my ancestors came over from France.

Hi Ian,

I'd like to accept your generous offer. Let me know what the postage is and I will Paypal you the funds.

Thank you!
James

Will do James...mail me your address...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1