Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3L clarification

Hi,

John Carroll created a beautiful book on British Motorcycles. Used his book for occasional reference.

Recently I was looking to see how the second tool box was attached to the frame and although his photo of the G3L in the North Africa paint scheme did not have the second tool box but had panniers instead, I noticed that that bike had the brake plate & cable installed on the right side.

I always thought it should belong to the left side and then wondered if indeed, it would make any difference after all, if the slider is installed either left or right.

Any comments appreciated, I would not care to reassemble my fork just to meet some cosmetic requirement.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: G3L clarification

Hi Henri, yes the brake should be on the left side.
The G3L was only fitted with one toolbox, the G3 having two.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Photobucket

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks to the both of you. Just wanted you to know that I was aware of the single tool box on the G3L, but mine came with both and it was the very first Brit bike that I bought. Was trying to keep it equipped as such for sentimental reasons. I think I can be forgiven. My G3 has twin tool boxes as well.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

My recent g3l purchase came with 2 toolboxes too ??

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

there could be 2 problems with the brake drum on the wrong side 1 the photo is back to front or a different wheel has been fitted

Nieuwe pagina 1