Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cable Ties

Does anyone know of a source for 'Proper Rubber' wire/cable straps. I bought some recently (from two separate sources) and found them to be quite a hard material with not a lot of give in them, when you tried to use them to fasten wiring or cable to the frame they just split or broke. Anyone else had this problem? Is there somewhere I can get hold of proper, supple rubber ones?

email (option): dave.stapleton626@virgin.net

Re: Cable Ties

I happen to know that 'Britbits' sell the better quality ties. The cheap ones are just stamped out from thin sheet Neoprene. Whereas the proper ones are moulded. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron

Thanks for that, I'll get in touch with Britbits, thanks very much.

Dave

Update - Rang Britbits and told they have a minimum order of £10.00 plus postage, so sadly unless you want four packs (too many for me) it's a no-go.

Well you do see the better quality ties at jumbles and there must be other firms selling them. Maybe on the internet? On the other hand a tenner for a stock of the correct ties is not outrages Ron

dave is that by credit card if so ask them whether you can send a cheque and stamped addressed envolope for 1 packet you might have to wait for the cheque to clear

It's by card, I reckon a cheque is the way to go.

I checked with a place in New Hampshire, US that is called Britbits, but it must not be the right place. I found a website for a UK based Britbits, but the website appears to be broken. Anyone have other contact info for this shop or know of an alternate source for these cable ties?

thanks,

Kevin

Dave
Hi Ron

Thanks for that, I'll get in touch with Britbits, thanks very much.

Dave

Update - Rang Britbits and told they have a minimum order of £10.00 plus postage, so sadly unless you want four packs (too many for me) it's a no-go.

I'll buy a pack from you if that helps? If one or two other forum members want a packet, it could be worth doing.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

I'd be interested in a pack myself. Now if I could just get in touch with the British Bribits shop, we could make it happen. If someone knows some other way to get in touch or Brit Bit's website starts working again, please respond back to this thread.

By the way, the only web address I've found for them is http://www.britbits.co.uk/

When you click on their "enter" button, it returns a 'website not found.'

Kevin

The best ones I have come across are the ones made by the Czech boys...they come in different lengths and are John Bull replicas if memory serves..Top quality but bally expensive...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Well I only live about four miles from Britbits UK. I might nip over there today and buy a few packets and let you all know. Ron

I have bought some from jiri the Czech lad

Excellent John bull copies but expensive as Ian said

There is a chap who attends all big autojumbles who sells lots of nos Lucas / miller stuf, he normally has them but also has originals at times

Don't know his name but always in main hall Stafford show

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Right I have just been to Britbits and bought the last five packets of ties he had. (more coming in about 10 days) They are the stretchy moulded type and cost £3 per packet of five. Email me if you want some plus post. Ron

Photobucket

Yes Ron, note me for one packet
Hans

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

No problem Hans. Email me your address. I always think Dutch addresses look like an explosion in an alphabet factory Ron

Sent you a PM!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

E-mail sent as well!

Kevin

Nieuwe pagina 1