Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pattern bigend ???

I have now stripped crank assembly this is the big end bearing that has been fitted!! first time I,ve seen one with no alloy cage.There are 38 rollers in total and I would say it is not that old or covered any mileage but none the less its crap.Also tried another conrod assembly I have and the side play on rod is near the same as when this bearing is fitted so might be looking for a complete M21 crankshaft.Dave. Photobucket

Re: Pattern bigend ???

Hi Dave..Alpha bearings do, or at least did, both a caged and an uncaged 'crowded' type big end...it is probably one of theirs. Although the caged roller is considered better the uncaged type were quite common 'way back when' as it was far cheaper to produce them without the cage...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Pattern bigend ???

Hi,Ian have checked bearing quality and not a ALPHA bearing,I have used ALPHA bearings before this one has a odd thread rate the BSA crankpin nuts dont fit.Have now sorted crank pin assembly using the rollers I bought a while back from Dave Plumb and another rod/pin I had. Also the side float of rod is 13 thou .I think when this bearing was fitted!! the pin nuts were not tighened to correct torque as crank pin nuts came undone very easily also would explain the excess side float on rod.Also have made enquiries for main bearings and have found some old stock ones time to dig deep though..Dave.

Nieuwe pagina 1