Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20/21 exhausts

Hello, I have two questions about exhausts.

1. Is the M21 exhaust the same diameter as the M20 exhaust?

2. Who is generally the recommended supplier of exhausts in the UK? Ideally I would like a plain steel exhaust so I can get it dull chromed.

Thanks in advance.

Re: M20/21 exhausts

Armours are about the best, get it in stainless steel and bead blast it,so it looks like the correct finish, but try to specify that you want the brackets with it but you will weld them on yourself as sometimes they are a little way out.
Both exhausts are identical

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I agree with Dave regarding the stainless option. You can also get the tipped up version that they have made to my specification. Mention my name. They call me 'Military Ron' sales@armoursltd.co.uk or 01202 519409.
It is to the dismay of most of us, that trying to get an exhaust system plated to the correct WD standard is near impossible....But if you have a contact...Do tell.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Whatever you do dont be tempted to get a cheap Indian made one , as I recently made the mistake of doing . where it not for the fact that I can weld I'd have spent £70 on a piece of scrap metal .

email (option): leifevans75@yahoo.co.uk

Hockley Enterprises (01702 614067) still do proper dull chrome (as opposed to unpolished bright chrome). I have used them for all my bikes, You can put their plating next to NOS parts and its hard to tell the difference.
Cheers. Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Thanks for that Mick I'll give them a try.

Ron

sorry guys, I hate taking you chaps all the way back to basics but as I am starting out with my M20 I need to know!!!! Should the exhaust not be black then? I always thought they were then burnt through to rust! I

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Hi Andrew..Original finish of the exhaust system was Dull Chrome....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

This is my tipped up stainless system which I had Armour's make for me.
It does go a bit straw coloured over time. But I can alway re-bead blast it if I feel like it and make it look new again. Ron

Photobucket

well thanks, dull chrome it is then! Nice bike Ron, a real cracker

just about to order my exhaust, Ron why is it "tipped up"? Is that original or your mod?

Hi Andrew...The tipped up exhaust is standard for WD Models. I imagine it was done both for improved ground clearance and the ability to go through slightly deeper water without it getting into the exhaust..Ian

thanks Ian, well a tipped up one is what we need then!

Nieuwe pagina 1