Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Wheel Rim Offset

Based on the drawing that Henk posted after my last query, I made a sketch. (see attached). From this sketch, it appears that the hub centerline should be 9mm to the right of the rim centerline. Can anyone confirm this?

At present, it appears that I don't have any offset, hence the small gap between the mudguard and the wheel on the right hand side.

Photobucket

email (option): pvlietstra@gmail.com

Re: Rear Wheel Rim Offset

I never got an answer to this one until I read the post

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1229414&cmd=show

and I quote:
Why didn't I first consult that Great Green Book: "Technical Handbook - Inspection Standard" by S.J.Madden? There it was, page 32: offset left 5/8" right side 1 1/4"...

Based on this info, I calculate as follows : the net offset is (1 1/4" minus 5/8") = 5/8" or 16mm. ie the hub centerline is 8mm to the right of the rim centerline, close to the 9mm that I measured.

Thanks Hans WDM20 58764

email (option): pvlietstra@gmail.com

Re: Rear Wheel Rim Offset

Hi Peter,
After that mail you cite there was a follow-up under another subject line: "Something does not add up" on June 24. There was a discrepancy in the Green Book; but the correct offset measured on the left side is 3/8".
Suppose you are Dutch? If you need more info about the lacing, PM me, I can give you some helpful hints

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Nieuwe pagina 1