Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton 16H

I have always fancied owning a WD Norton 16H, so if anyone has one they wish to dispose of perhaps they can let me know? e mail is andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Did I hear that they were nowhere near as reliable as the M20, or is that rubbish?

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Norton 16H

The wartime Nortons seem to be pretty reliable and robust. They are a little more old fashioned than the M20 in as much as they were based on an earlier bike (1935) The M20 was introduced in 1936 and then improved in 1938 so had some later thinking applied to the design.
In essence they are a good example of two ways to do the same job.
Being an out and out BSA man I would chose the M20 every time and I think the BSA does have some better features from the design and maintenance point of view...But the 'proof of the pudding is in the eating' and the Norton works pretty well..and any 'Norton Man' would probably take the opposite view to mine!!..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thanks Ian, I guess the M20 takes some beating but I have always liked the Norton. Lets see whether one turns up.

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

I've just choked on my coffee Ian, did I read that right, that was almost a compliment to Norton 16H's

The exposed valves on the Norton must have been a nightmare in the desert, but a 500cc sidevalve single is about as basic as you can get no matter what the make. All good fun

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1