Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James M'L

I would welcome any thoughts on what ratio of two stroke oil I should add to the petrol in my James M.L. This is all new to me so I have no idea. So how many M.L's are there owned within this group? Thanks John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: James M'L

Hi James,
I do not know this bike personally,
but if it helps, I found on:

http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/james_motorcycles.htm

"Some notes from memory- FNJ 608, a James Superlux autocycle (about 1950)."....

..." The petrol-oil ratio was 16-1, and a half-pint measure was built into the filler cap. One measure of oil per gallon of petrol was easy to do!"

(That would be 6.25 percent)

Hope that helps..

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Re: James M'L

John as Noam said there is a tube measure on your filler cap. One measure per fill up. But with modern oil I don't think so much is necessary and will cut down the smoke. Pete Brown is the bloke to ask I would think.
I only ran mine a few times before I relegated it to the shelf as an ornament with the other smelly two strokes Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: James ML

Hi John,

Having a Flea and Welbikes for a long time, I usually mix the stuff myself, buy a good quality twostroke oil, and us a ratio of 1 liter of oil to 35 liters of Petrol.

The Twostroke oils that are produced nowadays are of a very superior quality over what was produced back then, (usually normal 4 stroke engine oil was reccomended)and so you can co as lean as 1:50, but have found a little extra doesn't hurt.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: James ML

Hi John,

We drive the Flea always with standard 2 stoke mix without any problem.
Send you also a pm.

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Nieuwe pagina 1