Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front mudguard Stay

Has anyone got measurements for the front stay?

Re: Front mudguard Stay

Hey Brandon,

I'll do that later today. It's lunch time and I'm hungry. I also have to find a 1/4 inch dia rod.

Pics will be attached to your private email.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Brandon my front stay measures 12" from edge of guard to centre of fork fixing bolt.
Also I have recently acquired this M20 front guard which I think is original and unused, although it does have a slight imperfection at the right side fork indent which is easily rectified. Maybe it's a second?
The measurement from top to bottom corner is 24 3/4". The original guard fitted to my bike measures 25" at these points. But I imagine it is easy to gain 1/4" during fitting.
Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron
My front stay measures exactly 30.5cm from the centre of the fixing bolt to the point where the round tube becomes flattened at the top. So i would say its pretty much spot on the same as yours.

If i measure the replica mudguard at the points you have photographed yours with the tape measure i get 58cm. Which is under 23inch.Thats about 2 inches less than your original. If i measure the outer distance i get 71cm.

That would explain why my front stay wont fit under the front section of the replica mudguard i suppose.

Photobucket

Well just to confirm Brandon. Your measurement of 71cm, is 74.5 on this one and will easily flex to 75.
Maybe as Ian suggested you could take it with a wheel and tyre to a panel beater. If you cut a slot or two up the fork indents, you should be able to open up the radius. The problem for the expert, will be keeping the radius of the guard to look ok against the wheel.
I have had to do this myself on a couple of occasions and you can get away with it.

Ron

Thanks Ron

However i will return it to Draganfly and perhaps get a new one as i was hoping to buy a bolt on part and not spend more time on trying to fix someone elses work.
If you spend 95GBP on a mudguard.....it should fit.

Cheers.

PS. Let me know if you want to sell the one you have

Email me Brandon. Someone else has asked the same question, but hasn't got back to me.

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1