Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newbie and DU142

Hi, Newbie joining the forum! Has anyone tried one of those DU142 replica headlamps that are advertised on e-bay, from Austria I think, I was wondering if they were any good. Unless someone has an original one for sale? Thanks, Alistair

email (option): alistair@jimpeet.co.uk

Re: Newbie and DU142

There are very good and very poor quality repro headlamps for sale. The good quality headlamps are expensive but really good.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Alistair..check carefully what you are buying before you commit. There are Indian replicas which do the job but aren't 100% by any means. Also there are other replicas...The Czech company may do them and their stuff is pretty good...but expensive. Saying that though an original, if you can find one, will be at least as expensive I should think. The Czech boys are at Netley Marsh Autojumble in a couple of weeks time if you are attending that...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

netley marsh auto jumble is that carole nash one on the 18th september i looked it up is it only one day

Thanks Ian, I'll be working when the jumble is on and it's a bit far from Cumbria. If you get the chance to get the Czech boys details it would be much appreciated.

Hi Alistair... Jiri the Czech guy is at www.vintage-replica.cz

Roger the Netley jumble is on for two days, 9-10 Sept.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

roger
netley marsh auto jumble is that carole nash one on the 18th september i looked it up is it only one day

Oh oh... Watch out! The 18th Carole Nash Eurojumble is taking place on Friday 9th & Saturday 10th September 2011...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks Ron,

They are pricey for replicas!

They're top quality and apart from looking right, they are well-made. The alternative is Indian sub-continent with variable quality and fit but probably near enough to pass the 'ten yards' rule.

There's really no substitute for handling the items. If you're not in a hurry then a visit to the Stafford show next April will probably let you compare what's on the market.

I bougt some new-made parts for a v-twin from a Chech guy at Netley Marsh some years ago. It was also expensive but absolute top quality

That was undoubtedly Jiri and his crew. I repeat what I have said before. His parts are excellent but he needs to improve on his choice of chrome plating firm
Or perhaps he has by now?
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1