Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless Dynamo

I will have a reconditioned Matchless dynamo available in the next couple of weeks, suitable for WD fitment...replated body, new brush band and cover and fully overhauled, ready to fit.
Price is £145 plus shipping...or if it suits it can be picked up at Netley...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Matchless Dynamo

Ian, I need the chain for that one, any spares?

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Henri, Steve Surbey at 'AMC Classic Spares' (Google) Should be able to send you one no problem. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron!

Inserted that square bar through the footrests today. Not something I would like to do everyday....

Everyone seems to agree that the Matchless is one of the nicest bikes to ride. I think they're horrible to work on though
Who's idea was it to put the wheel bearings in arse about face

Ron

Did the A$$ Backwards by trying to install that square bar with G/box and Dynamo in situs. WRONG!!!

Ron Pier
Everyone seems to agree that the Matchless is one of the nicest bikes to ride. I think they're horrible to work on though
Who's idea was it to put the wheel bearings in arse about face

Ron

Haha there you go, they are horrible to work on!! but who cares, once they're set up Ok, they will eat the miles, and without much maintenance, exept the dynamo, but on my Matchboxes that's Lucas's black hole!!

Ron the G3 has the bearings adjusted nicely in situ!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

henri
Thanks Ron!

Inserted that square bar through the footrests today. Not something I would like to do everyday....

Henri, some bikes you can slide it in, without any pressure, on others (like your "Bar None" variety, they will need a big hammer!

I could make some comparisons here, but leave that to others!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Lex, despite my comments, I'm determined to prepare my G3 for the road next spring. So far I've only ridden it on the circuit at Goodwood and Kemble air field....and quite liked it. It just doesn't go like it should yet. Ron

At least the G3 has a front brake fitted..unlike the G3L.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hey Lex, all of those parts, the square bar, the footrests (or is it spelled "feetrest"?!?) were NOS. Problem was that over the years some corrosion grew on the splines and the square bar edges. Had to use a rawhide mallet to pass the bar through each rest several times. Lining it these up with the engine plates was the last challenge.

Yes Henri. My experience of rebuilding my G3L, led me to believe that Matchless had shares in a firm that made spacers Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1