Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1944 M20 w/ matching numbers on frame and engine for sale

I have a 1944 BSA M20 for sale and I was wondering if this is an appropriate place to try to sell it. If not, any recommendations on where to advertise? It runs and is mechanically sound, it having been gone over by a BSA M20 expert with over 40 wartime British bikes in his collection. It has many early parts including the expensive and hard to find large head light, as well as the frame having the pieces to attach the side car. New tires and bearings were added Spring 2011. The expert is stumped by the matching numbers because all indications on this bike point to it being made in 1939 or 1940, but the serial number range it's in puts it in 1944 which it is titled as. It came out of Egypt several years ago. The bike is located in Gettysburg, PA USA. I am asking $10,000 for it. Please email me at hapholliday@yahoo.com if interested. Pictures available upon request. Thanks.

email (option): hapholliday@yahoo.com

Re: 1944 M20 w/ matching numbers on frame and engine for sale

Hi Richard
Please feel free to post some pictures, and what is the frame/engine number?
Regards Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Posted these photos for Richard. I have a few more detail shots if there's any interest. I didnt get the frame and engine numbers from him. If I get them I will post them. Seems like a 44 with early war parts?

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Sorry, the frame and engine numbers are WM20 119243

Richard

email (option): hapholliday@yahoo.com

hi richard,lovely bike,check the nut on your bottom frame bolt (pic six)looks loose cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1