Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Request for Ron - Rear section of G3

Could use your help in taking a photo of the rear frame section for the G3. I have front section identified correctly but wished to verify the rear. I understand it did not have a casting for the rear pegs. The one I have has castings but no attachements for the rear footrests. Just wanted to find out if it should without any traces of castings or with smooth lobes or with nothing.

Thanks!

Photobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Request for Ron - Rear section of G3

Henri, as far as I know the G3 didn't have any pillion peg lugs. Also the G3 rear frame has sidecar fitting holes on both sides. Maybe John T can confirm.
Also my frame number is stamped on the rear frame section under saddle, which seems strange?
Jan has made some nice stainless parts to replace my manky spindle nuts.
Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hey Ron, my G3 has a number on the rear frame, which falls in the same contract as my engine. The front frame, which is a factory replacement (has a brass stores tag rivited to it) has a later number stamped on it!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Thanks a bunch Ron, turns out the sidecar lugs were cut off on one section. Some other mods on my rear frame section. Your piecures helped.

Henri, you mean the rear footrest lugs were cut off? you cannot cut the sidecar lug off! some 1946/1947 rear frames have the sidecar lugs and the footrest lugs, you could modify such a frame to G3.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hey Lex, no footrest lugs ever there. Just missing on top the sidecar lugs as seen in Ron's photo, something was there on the upper section of the frame tubing, but both removed. Puzzling me for sure. I have the lug on the front frame. Don't have access to 46/47 units at this time, only this oddball of a rear section that British Only had listed as Norton 18H. But it had all of the G3L markings on it. Maybe they were right.Photobucket

Nieuwe pagina 1