Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Light switch wiring

Hi all, I'm trying to wire up the headlamp switch, I've had to buy a replacement 3 position switch - does this look right? There is a lug on the back of one of the little brass switches - do I have a wire missing for this?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Re: Light switch wiring

Hi Andy..you might have some problems if you follow the WD wiring diagram to the letter...You appear to have an Indian replica switch which does not have the extra 'tail light only' position of the WD type. You can probably overcome this by switching wire positions with some experimentation.
Another problem you may find is that the switch doesn't do what you expect it to after you have wired it. This is because the Indian switch has a different shaped operating cam to the Lucas originals...do you have a damaged original?...if you do take a look at the cam. Unfortunately, because of the differing construction methods you can't fit the Lucas cam and spindle to the Indian switch.
The difference isn't major..when I came across it the first time I removed the cam and spindle from the switch and filed it to match the original...job done....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1