Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Topic. 25th September Action Now ! EU Hands Off Biking Demo's

Sorry this is a long post , but will affect us on our old girls too....(most of them are coming up to 70 years old , never mind 7!)

On the 25th September you can make your voice heard. Starting from service areas across the country, we all ride at 1pm and vanish 20 minutes later. This is the first time.

All start points (inc interactive map) and more details can be found on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/25th-Sept-2011-Action-Now-EU-Hands-Off-Biking/218514361530962?sk=wall

or

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

There's a raft of issues emanating from Europe that will have a profound effect on riders and the motorcycle industry generally and we must stand up. Some of them are driven by the EU Commission, like the new Type Approval and Market Surveillance Regulation that will see the introduction of compulsory ABS, the sealing of powertrains from airbox to the diameter and aspect ratio of the rear tyre, restrictions on the aftermarket industry, possible roadside checks by police or other Gov agencies to inspect emissions or for owner 'tuning' and more.

There's EU funded development of electronics to control and govern speeds either through warning systems or actual throttle control and the plans in Ireland for compulsory, full sleeve day-glo jackets for riders and pillions.

As with France, where reflective/day-glo clothing is being debated, the onus should not be on the victim. Will insurance companies start saying that because we weren't dressed in day-glo it's our own fault that an inattentive driver drove into us?

France also wants to ban bikes over 7 years old from urban areas for environmental reasons! Their congestion is already terrible and putting more riders into cars that pollute terribly when they are stationary, is bonkers.

Bikes are part of the urban transport solution, not problem.

Enough! There will be a vote by the MEP committee discussing the above Regulation, at the start of October (4th/5th or 6th). We need them to listen. They represent us. MAG and many others in the motorcycle community are negotiating hard with our own Government and our European representatives.

Join us to keep EU hands off biking.

We will be listing all the actual start points here, on the Riders Are Voters.org website and many other places. We've already got venues from Plymouth to Aberdeen on most M-ways and major trunk routes, but if you or your bike club would like to be a 'starter', contact us for co-ordinated action.

Website
http://www.mag-uk.org

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

Re: Off Topic. 25th September Action Now ! EU Hands Off Biking Demo's

Alright, I'll be the one to ask, how do you "vanish" at 13.20

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hmmmm , I suggest the super hero approach or you could just pull off the road and make you way home .... At least the road in front will be clear ...

I plan to be at the Lee Mill gathering point if that is confirmed...just need to sort out times...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Jenny Cook
Hmmmm , I suggest the super hero approach or you could just pull off the road and make you way home .... At least the road in front will be clear ...

Fair enough.

By the way what are you doing this Saturday?

Will be in touch privately Rob.

I just signed the online petition for this and also the dayglo jacket issue, I suggest that everyone does this! The petition can be accessed from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_066327, then type in motorcycling in the search box, select the 2 petitions and fill the form in. Don't forget to open the email they send you to verify you signing it

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Well I've signed them both, not sure how long the dayglo petition has been on there but apparently 11 of us have signed it so far

Fantastic Ian - I will be at the Lee Mill start point !M20 or Harley ? Details can be found on the fb page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/25th-Sept-2011-Action-Now-EU-Hands-Off-Biking/218514361530962

or via

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

List is growing daily of start points.....

There is much more involved political campaigning going on than those petitions ...

One decision at a time Jenny ...Ian.x...

Any M20'ers going from Chester services?

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Make sure you don't accidently sign petitions that are FOR dayglo.....

There are some strange petitions.

Motorcyclists should be allowed to use the pavement

Stop motorcyclists using cars

Move the UK Parliament to Stoke on Trent

Moving the UK (and EU) parliaments to Tierra Del Fuego might produce a more useful result..I'd vote for that... ...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1