Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Progress Pictures

Almost there, wheels and toolbox and I'm pretty much ready for test ride!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Re: Progress Pictures

Hi Andy..The bike is looking nice...I always like the 'clean' look as they come off a complete rebuild. You will soon be at the point where you have the challenging job of getting everything to function correctly!!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, it's the electrics I fear the most, having painted everything too efficiently I think I'll have problems with the earth.

It's been a enjoyable journey so far, it's gone from a hobby, to more of a responsibly to ensure this bike is brought back to life honouring it's history. The more i learn about it's past, both as an individual bike, and the models role during the war, the more determined I am to get it finished.

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Weel Andy
Nice lookin' bike,but is the Green from a Kawasaki Machine !!!!
I'm a poet,but I dont no'et.

email (option): glesgaman@tiscali.co.uk

Awesome! Nice work.

Can you take pics of mounting the tool box? I have no idea of how that goes?

Thanks,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Andy
Thanks Ian, it's the electrics I fear the most, having painted everything too efficiently I think I'll have problems with the earth.

You could put a extra earth wire in from the lamps and horn to the negative battery terminal so that you don't have to use the frame as earth, it is also more reliable.

Compliments, nice bike. Also very nice petrol filler cap, is that an original one for the period or an early one ??

Regards, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Hi Andy..I usually run an earth for the tail light, headlamp and the horn button. The horn buttons earth the current to the handle bar through the clamp but don't necessarily do that very well with painted bars...and I don't like scraping off the paint. I generally connect the main earth to the bolt that holds the head steady and the two halves of the frame together under the saddle. With that arrangement I never have any earthing problems...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1