Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
flying flea or clockwork mouse ?

my kids are nagging me to get a bike for them, theyre not old enough yet, but it would give me time to punt out my bantam and sort a bike out for them..so which one ? and what are they fetching ?

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Re: flying flea or clockwork mouse ?

The clockwork mouse is easier to get parts for, I'm looking for an engine for my flea and have been looking for about 2 years, whereas a mouse is easy to get an engine or engine parts for on the basis of this I reckon the mouse is a better bet, the frames on the fleas are very weak and usually require welding so on the whole I think the mouse is the best

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

hi chris,are you talking about getting a classic vintage machine for the kids to scramble round a field or one for you to restore for them?seems a bit of a waste to wreck a classic.i built a great field bike for my son (then aged 6)from a honda cb50j,also now an emerging classic,but still available for the right money.i'll try and send you some pics tommorrow cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Personally I think the James is a far better proposition..However, I agree with Rick...Kids often neglect, thrash and fall off their first bikes..and also you don't know that they will take to it, despite the current 'nagging'. Something 'sacrificial', cheap (Japanese) and easy to find is a better idea initially I think.
I see kids round here on very trick but wrecked and scraped 125 Aprilias...they don't really appreciate what they have and in truth would have done just as well with an older bike initially.
The countries never been right since they stopped having cupboards under the stairs.. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

As a price guide. I will be looking for £2300 for this Flea. It's loosely assembled to show most of the correct parts are there. It's not for sale until after Goodwood Revival, where it will be on display at our motorcycle field workshop display. Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi, I have bought for my son a Flea when he was younger and that was going
perfect! He is still enthusiastic about it even when he has his own M20!

So by a Flea make sure the spark alternator is good so it will start properly
that is for kids ( and adults ) crucial if they like it or not.

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

thanks chaps,
most definitely not for field thrashing, i've got other brit iron for that...
this is for re-enactment. i brought them over this year to d day and they were made up. got a ride out to sea on gold beach on d day, on a dukw, and came ashore as last post sounded on the commemoration. so now he wants to join in,
ron, can you e mail me off post please ? may be interested !

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1