Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oil tank filter

hi guys
i just bought oil tank for m20 ,i cant see how the oil filter is retained in place as theres no thread on top
of the return pipe, dose it just sit there

mark

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Re: oil tank filter

Hi Mark,
There is an oil filter cap, no thread just a spring that contacts the filler cap when closed, for a drawing see the tech info section. Like mine, these caps are often missing but sometimes can be found at the bottom of the tank, they are quite rare so can be expensive to buy but the oil filter will sit happily in place without the cap.

Hi,
I just want to comment that the oil filter retainer also "seals" the top of the filter
And forcing the oil to pass through the felt,
So actually- if using the filter with no retainer,
the oil just overflows above the filter into the oil tank,
so it’s more or less like running with no filter at all, as there is no filter to the return line.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

I run mine with no filter anyway. I just change the oil every 2000 miles. I'm not sure how many hundreds of pounds these filters and caps are worth, but I've got two for sale Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yeah make that a third. I only have one but if its worth something big its for sale.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Erm...What's an oil filter ? I can't find one in the 16H parts list...

They were a technical innovation introduced around 1937..long after the wartime 16H was designed ... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

hi ron .email me and give me a price on the cap

cheers
mark

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Another easy thing to knock up on a lathe and find a suitable spring. Matchy's use a similar setup.I make mine out of aluminium.

Nieuwe pagina 1