Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How much?

It's not only the bits for our bikes that are fetching 'funny money'!!! ... 230659933261 Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: How much?

Ah yes, a Miller combination stop/tail light, fitted on Rudges, Panthers and other exotic makes of the mid to late 30's, have a bulb holder for one of those, must be woth at least a 100 quid!!!

In the meantime found an original Lucas MT110, for 25 pounds, so it's still possible.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

I give you 50

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk WM21 2415
I give you 50

Thanks for the generous offer Henk, but I need it myself!!

Can get you a nicely made Indian repro for that price!

The Czech repro of the MT110 is nice...but if I know Henk he will hold out for an original!....Ian

I don't really need one but I wouldn't mind to get one for 50 pounds

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ok, Henk the next (cheap) one I'll find is for you!

Lex

ps, Found it almost in your backgarden!!

Henk WM21 2415
I don't really need one but I wouldn't mind to get one for 50 pounds

I'm a bit of a hoarder myself so pot / kettle / black and all that but this sort of attitude is part of what is driving prices up.

What would you do with it Henk ? Sell it on or stroke it and talk to it ? "My Precious"

At least the repro's have provision for a stop light.

I've got an original MT110 because it came with the bike but I must admit that I can't see what's so special when compared with a replica.

It's quite straightforward to wire in a stop lamp facility using a resistor and thus retainign the single contact bulb holder.

I like the fact that the original is made of brass.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

The Czech MT110 replica is brass..and has the single filament bulb holder as on the originals. The overall quality far exceeds the Indian version. I don't run rear LEDs but it was quite simple to convert to a twin filament set up before fitting it to the WB30. In fact they supplied the necessary parts with the lamp to do the conversion.
The Indian replica is a lot less like the original visually than the Czech one...but is also a lot cheaper, so as usual 'you pays your money and makes your choice'....Ian

The lamp that started this thread fetched £403 ! For a frigging back light !

I can't imagine how it would feel to come back from a ride and find that it had fallen off.

Look at the NOS lamp I just acquired, thrown in with a load of other stuff I bought.
Henk is so jealous that Linda has had to take him away for a fortnight Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Forgot the picture
Photobucket

Is it NOS Ron ? It looks to have black enamel over khaki or did they civilianise ex-wd stock for sale post-war ?

It's certainly a major gloating trophy ! Well done that man ! It's good to let Johnny Foreigner realise that he can't just walk in with his euros and buy up everything !

Yes I'm convinced it's never been fitted. It had a very light coat of black over Khaki. The black rubbed off very easily and left a hard coat of Khaki which I just sprayed over to match my C10. The rubber cable was perished, so I replaced it with modern cable with the old trick of rubbing it up with wire wool to dull it off.
The Prince of Darkness reigns supreme on the arse end Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1