Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pillion footrest

hi vinsent reading my parts list itsays the longer foot rest was fitted on the tool box side also on the left side if double upswept exhaust pipes where fitted .to stop pillion passenger burning thier leg
hope this helps.

Re: pillion footrest

Left and right pillion footrests appear in the 1940 parts book, but not in S-1048.

The 1940 parts book lists:
Pillion Footrest (left) 66-4936
Pillion Footrest (right) 66-4938
And footrest rubbers

S-1048 lists Pillion Footrest Spindle 66-4940 (2)
No rubbers

But, the bolts and nuts are the same.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@htmail.com

Thanks Bill and Rob,
I already have the mate fitted, seems to clear toolbox fine, the cover of Owen Wright's Superprofile on the M20 shows the same footpeg as the left side so I'm Ok with that.
Vincent

email (option): vinver#ns.sympatico.ca

The WM20 in the Super Profile shouldn't be used as a reference as its not original at all.

Here a far better one to use for reference

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nope can't see anything wrong with that Henk! Everything looks correct for the left hand brake plate model Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes its a very nice bike isn't it?

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Believe it or not that is a...err...reworking.. of a photo of one of my M20s. The 4/7th Royal Dragoon Guards unit marking and the C Number tell it all.
Nobody even asked if I wanted my bike 'customised'...and I can't see how connecting the field stand to the regulator box is going to work...never mind the problems caused by moving the tappet cover to the wrong side. Maybe that is so you can adjust the piston ring gaps without stripping the engine ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I think you are going to need longer tappet spanners

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for the pic Henk!
I think this guy used it as a reference during his restoration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJ4zX8UVPQ

Seems to be great debate on the right pillion footrest,but I'm Ok with them both matching.
if I'm not I can always toss one up on the lathe.
Vince

email (option): vinver#ns.sympatico.ca

Nieuwe pagina 1