Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HM21 PARTS

I have just bought a HM21 & during a engine strip noticed the cams & cam idler pinion teeth were chipped.Does anyone outhere know if other bsa singles of this period used the same cams/idler pinions as I would like to replace them. Dave.

Re: HM21 PARTS

This is a question for Leon Hoppenbrouwers, he knows all about this period BSA's. He might even have the parts for you. Leon has his own website about 1930's BSA's. You can find him on the link page of the website.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks for info Henk, Seems strange to undo a M21 timing cover and all the guts fall out (no outrigger plate) I have now the solution for this though remove screws then loosen cover then slide a hacksaw blade in between to hold everything in place. Dave.

Hi Dave..Is this a complete bike or a rebuild project? I'd be interested in some photos if you can do some...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi,Ian its a complete bike just have to go through it and check a few things over.Will load photos once its off the bench,cant wait to ride it long time since I rode a handchange machine Dave

hi dave ,im sure i saw a link to some pictures tonight and tried to view then it dissappeared am i dreaming? cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: HM21 PARTS & PHOTOS

Hi,Rick there was a link but it failed so here now are photos .I know a lot of parts are not original but will look for them as & when they turn up no hurry

Dave.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: HM21 PARTS & PHOTOS

Thanks for the pics Dave...very,very nice. I have had an eye out for one of these for a few years now..ideally something not as good as yours! I have a genuine frame front for a 1937 Military M20, they were marked with an 'EXP' (experimental) prefix to the frame number.
Searching for the remainder of the parts would take me the rest of my life but a donor bike would do the job and allow me to build one from the year of acceptance by the War Department (1937)as shown in Steve Maddens book...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1