Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sgt. Fife thank you note

Hi guys, I received a thank you card from the Fife family today. It reads as follows.
" Dear Sam
Just a note to let you know how much we appreciate all your time and work in your research of Donald and your coming to N.S. to present Russell with the plaque. Also for your friends on the motorcycle forum for having his name added to the Juno Beach Center monument and the Fresney-Le-Puceux shrine.
Please pass on our thanks to all the members of the club, it was truly appreciated.
The Fife family

Re: Sgt. Fife thank you note

Thanks to the members of this forum that participated in the Donald Fife presentation, I wish I had been involved in the forum more actively and could have participated. I live in Nova Scotia, when I get the M20 on the road (soon I hope) I'd like to visit the family if they are receptive.
I am a member of a local WW2 Living history group, and our prime goal is to honour and remember our veterans, many are slipping away without knowing the true gratitude that we owe them for their sacrifice.
Vincent Verhaeghe
http://tacww2lha.weebly.com/

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Well done for you efforts over that side Sam
The whole thing was truly emotional over here......Plus we got a couple of nice rides to Fresney-Le-Puceux.
We all know about Hans's input. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I agree with Rons sentiments, the direct contact with the family 'on the day' was the 'icing on the cake' as far as the activities in Normandy were concerned and made the whole thing complete...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

its great to honour someone that died fighting for the freedom we have today

Nieuwe pagina 1