Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Russell motors

Let's hope Russell motors escapes the carnage of the riots in clapham tonight and that our old pal les & his two boys business comes through unscathed

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Russell motors

russell dont keep all their stock in the shop and it is a bit off the main shopping area so should be ok

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

It's nearly as bad down here in Devon...I heard someone complaining today that he had mould on his strawberries...it could have turned nasty.. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Violent people those British, is it still safe for us to travel to the UK?

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

British, Henk ? Why not call a spade a spade ?

Henk WM21 2415
Violent people those British, is it still safe for us to travel to the UK?

I here its really dangerouse around the Netly Marsh area for the next month or two probably safer to stay in the Netherlands

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Rob I'll do that

Henk..I'll make sure you have an armed bodyguard so that I still get my hub plate.. ...Ian

I just use Leon as a bodyguard

I called Les today to see how they were and luckily they were untouched last night. Lets hope hope there are no scum bags wanting free WD motorcycle parts. John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Hi John..I think I might fall into that category... ....Ian

the only thing wd that they are interested in has a trigger,cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Wasn't so concerned about an interruption in supply to parts but just that they were ok and their business/premises wasn't affected by the morons on the street last night

His 2 lads run a tyre & mot business at the rear, it would be shameful if they had been hit, they always let me double park there :-D

Good news John :-)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I got caught up in one of those riots----it was so frightening.
I thought where can I hide that they would never go to?
So I hid in the job centre

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

Hi there
I t was not too dangerous for most peolpe unless You were in a fire! It was possible to go out and join in. (I did not do that! although I do need a new laptop)

off topic but You may enjoy this, Thousands of people have adjusted the riot photos to humiliate the looters. good fun.

Check out this linkfor the pics.

I moved in in a garden flat in SE15, just after the 1986 riots.
'History will repeat itself, unless we learn from it!'
Repression will not make this go away, whatever the politicians are now shouting in a sort of lynching mob attitude.

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

The Birkenhead riots were only down the road from me, it comprised mainly of ordinary criminals who were out for a bit of looting and kids who were just on a wrecking spree, if they were attacking symbols of government authority I'd have been ok with it ,but to just target businesses who are struggling anyway is just stupid! I wonder if being able to shoot looters on sight is still on the statute books?!!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Whatever the reasons behind the rioting every adult understands the difference between right and wrong, what is socially acceptable and what isn't.. The attidude that it is fine to do as you like irrespective of the effects, both psychological and financial, on completely innocent people is wholly unacceptable.
Even if you don't have a job you are supported financially to a degree by the state. That support demands adherence to the basic rules of our society and for those who choose to ignore that at the cost of others, removal of state support is an entirely reasonable and justified sanction in my opinion. It is only a question of altering the cost/ benefit equation when people are considering such behaviour.
Anyone who feels they are getting a 'rough deal' from society is entitled to organise and protest about that in an attempt to bring about change...or as a last resort they could make some effort to improve themselves and get on in life by the normal processes...like everyone else is doing..it's not impossible, it just requires some effort...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1