Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel cap

Hello

Does anyone have a 'spare' paw they are willing to sell for the M20 petrol cap. By the word paw I mean the 3 arms which expand to secure the cap when the wing nut is tightened. My M21 has one missing and with only two it does not seal or secure properly. I have looked in the fuel tank so I know it’s not slipped off the spring and fallen in the tank.

On the subject of tank sealing, is the fuel cap seal supposed to be cork, rubber or leather. Mine is made of leather but could do with replacing but I'd rather replace it with the correct material.

Thanks
Gerard

Re: Fuel cap

Hi Gerard

Sorry I don't have any spare cap parts but I have got some of the special petrol proof cork sheet to make a seal. Mind you I don't know if its Ethanol proof, I'd better check on that.

You can buy new shiny chromed petrol caps and rob the internal parts.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I did wonder about robbing the parts from another cap but a quick search of the net didn't reveal any new ones. I looked on Drags website and ended up sending £50 on other parts but couldn't even find the petrol tank caps.

Can you tell me who sells the new chrome caps?

Alternatively does anyone have a spare for sale?

There are several on E Bay, but prices seem to have risen quite a bit, I seem to remember them being £20 last year not £40.

E bay 360214310949

Have a spare inner thingy with 3 prongs on it, 10 euro plus postage will get it to you.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Alex
Have a spare inner thingy with 3 prongs on it, 10 euro plus postage will get it to you.

Cheers,

Lex

Here a picture:

Well, I guess he doesn't need it anymore???

Cheers,

Lex

I guess some guys are at work or away and can't get to a computer sometimes?
Mind you, because I am semi retired and have more time than some. I have answered specific questions by looking up parts lists or reference books or taken a picture, then never hear from them again.
That's just rude. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Lex
have you got a spare Norton gearbox pointer thingy wotsit, my Big 4 gearbox is missing it Rob.

Rob Miller
Hi Lex
have you got a spare Norton gearbox pointer thingy wotsit, my Big 4 gearbox is missing it Rob.

Rob,

Well I was only able to buy 3 out of a pile of about 15, but will try to get some more next week.

The Rough Interior Club is doing replica's but original is always better I know!

Will do my best, these are for 3 boxes I'm rebuilding, but only the early ones should have them, as you probably know, and you need the early cover too!

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1