Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
British OD paint availability

I'm in Las Vegas. Any idea as to where I could locate British Olive Drab or Khaki Green #3? The bike is already what I think is BOD. Very dark green, almost black if not in the sunlight. Is the KG#3 a light desert type color?
Thanks in advance.

email (option): tfmurphy3@yahoo.com

Re: British OD paint availability

I don't know anyone who actually stocks KGP #3 here in UK. The best I can describe it, is a mix of OD and brown to give a Goose turd green colour. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I used Jeeparts dark cammo brown and late war olive drab mixed in an approx. 2-1 ratio of green to brown to make KGP No3 (or a petty close match)...add brown or green to taste... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I have done just the same Ian. Yet when I have passed this information to others. They are met with a negative responce from Jeep Parts about any brown colours. So I actually phoned them and she told me that they don't stock Dark/Service/Earth or any other shade of brown as they don't get ask enough for it to bother stocking it. She said they only get it in on special order??? And yet Me and Ian have bought it from them and others have asked for it. They are obviously making enough from Jeep spares. Shame because their paint is very nice to use. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have done the same thing from a local supplier in Gloucester UK, Middleton Panels. I mixed 2 parts Olive Drab with 1 part service brown. It made a dirty mud colour and evidently this is correct.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1