Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C10 on Milweb??

This add has appeared on Milweb.???? I've emailed him for more info but no reply yet.Ron

1945 BSA C10 girder forks solid rear end side valve British army motor bike
I am just to chunky and big for it, to look at it it looks like the WW2 BSA M20 the BSA C10 was used because of the shortage of M20's in WW2. it comes with rear passenger seat rear foot rests rear carrier rear panniers. It is taxed and tested with UK log book.Starts and runs good everything works as it should this was is a rare model as only 20.000. of this model were ever made only thing that I can see that is missing is the side stand which was optional extra. Insurance is about £100 a year on classic insurance and of course free road tax. Price £3495 part exchange considered.
07970 708261
27 July '11Chris Bond

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: C10 on Milweb??

Hey Ron, Ive had the same response!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Why would anyone want a C10 when you can have a real M20 for the same money ?
And since when was there a shortage of M20's in 1945? Sounds like a bit of hype in that ad if you ask me!
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympaticodotca

Also there were only around 2000 military C10's built and in 1939/40. So it sounds like misadvertising to me......Unless he knows something I don't. Ron

I'm pretty sure that it's been sold (if I'm reading the post on another forum correctly).

I've asked the proud new owner for frame & engine details so that I can help him with census numbers. At the moment it has a number pinched from the Norton contract C5109.

OK Rik. I'll be interested in those numbers. As you know I have one of these rare bikes and I don't want some bright spark telling me there were 20,000 made. I hope the new owner did some research and paid the appropriate price. Although it could quite well be legitimate and registered in 1945? Ron

I've sent you a mail Ron. I haven't been able at this stage to pin down if it's a KC10 or a WC10.

Nieuwe pagina 1