Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
here we go again!

Blimey!!..The NOS M20 gunmetal handlebar levers on e bay are up to £255 with nearly 3 days to go...it looks like they might reach the prices usually paid for the 'combination' levers...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: here we go again!

Oh those are not combi. levers? I thought combination levers are the ones with the air and adv attached to the clutch brake?

hi, look like combi levers to me ,shall we splash out and buy them between us ?we could have one each or share them 6 months about ,its the only way you'll own em cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

i have noticed that one of the levers is wrong the cable end slot is on the top

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

The 'combination' levers are the pre war type BSA levers, also used on early WD M20s and the first post war B31s. They have the 'clamp up' type cable attachment with no nipples on the clutch and brake cables and a front brake 'ratchet lock'.
The levers offered on e bay are actually correct...only one lever was made (ie. the lever blades were not 'handed') so the cable slot will be on the top on one side...Ian

I often wondered that about those levers Ian

Point now clarified

Thanks for that

:o)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

It also follows that the pivot bolt and nut will be up side down on one side.....But it's meant to be. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi ,levers just sold for £360.00

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I know all the arguments for it but I still can't get my head around that sort of money for a lever set ...Ian

It was only 2 years ago since I bought a load of NOS levers still in the cosmolene for just £60 each from Autocycle engineering

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

It went for £360 that has to be some sort of record for a pair of levers. Just crazy

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1