Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil level

Hello. Can anyone tell me the oil level on an M20?

Should there be an oil level sticker, decal or mark on the outside of the oil tank like there is on Ariel's?

Thanks
Gerard

Re: Oil level

Hi Gerard, Civvy models had a 'minimum oil level' transfer in gold on the oiltank...Most wartime military models were left unmarked though I think some early models used the transfer. Postwar the military oilgrade was sometimes applied (painted in white)..'OMD 330', but this was not the same oil grade code as the wartime one and was not applied universally.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

My Toolbox Drivers handbook states,"the oil should not cover the top of the filter and the level must not be allowed to fall below half way down the tank,"
regards
John

email (option): ukcarbs@hotmail.com

hi john exactly what i was going to say,i just went to the bedroom and got out my oil tank to see if there was an overflow ,i think its just a breather but there is another pipe out the bottom .however this tank has been beautifully painted ,transfers and all pity its going to get the olive wallop.however on top the transfer states(dont forget to drain and flush the tank every 2000 miles)oil capacity i think is 5 pints but if not i will be corrected cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

The 'oil drain reminder' transfer is probably from a Triumph..M20s never had this....Ian

Yeh! Yeh! Don't go on Ian. I've removed mine now

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I showed great restraint and didn't mention your name Ron.. ..you'd better get hold of the Japs and let them know ...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1