Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which Air Filter

Hi All. I was out and about on my WM20 yesterday and while engulfed in a cloud of dust from a combine i started thinking seriously about fitting a decent air filter.I've dismissed the ungainly and expensive tank mounted affair and am seeking alternatives,something that looks inkeeping with the style of the bike and is redily available.I'm considering an Enfield Bullet box with a flexable tube connecting it but forsee problems mounting it.Any idea's?. Mike.

email (option): michaelggilbert@btinternet.com

Re: Which Air Filter

i have seen on the forum a photo of a bike with a square air filter just over the tool box i thing it was an australian photo

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Mike..Check out e bay... 220821628838 ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Or this one:
Air filter 2

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hi Hans, This is the same as the one i already have.The filter mesh does'nt seem fine enough to filter out fine grit.Ian, i'll check out the 38mm end tomorrow and see how it would look,maybe have a bid.Thanks Mike.

email (option): michaelggilbert@btinternet.com

I oiled the gauze disks with some thick oil; made starting a bit difficult, some smoking, but afterwards it captured fine dust too. Not for long unfortunately

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

That is the same as fitted to my Norton ES2, it's a fire gauze to stop the carb catching fire if it spits back, more than it is an airfilter. It works on the same principle as the miners saftey Davy lamp.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

hi i use the domed shape filter used on pit bikes (chinese kids motorbikes).i dont use the hose clamp just force the rubber end over the bell it stays there and if on display i just pull it off and put it in my pocket. paint it green and it blends in . only thing it doesnt like getting saturated with rain (bike runs a bit rich)but on the up side there is no dust in the rain so leave it in your pocket bye glenn

email (option): kgbshepherd@wstnet.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1