Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
gearbox m20

Hi
Can anyone tell me if you can get a conversion for the wm20 to install a final drive seal into gearbox shell 66-3030.If not how dose the oil stay in the box

Mark

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Re: gearbox m20

Hi Mark, There is no conversion available. Fitting a sealed main bearing in the gearbox pretty much solves the problem. Remove one seal from a rubber sealed bearing (the inner one) before fitting.
The bearing number you need is 6207 2RS...the 2RS indicating '2 rubber seals'...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Mark you can buy a sealed bearing for the main shaft from your modern bearing supplier. The general consensus is to pull out the bearing seal that runs on the inside of the box with a small screwdriver to allow lubrication. Although I know some don't bother and rely on the fact that they are greased for life. The original attempt at keeping the oil in place was using thin steel shields and felt seals.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Answered in stereo!

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Confused now don't know which advice to take.

email (option): pcrisp@pipistrelle18.karoo.co.uk

hi fellas
I wandered if you might say that ,I fiited sealed bearings to my B44 & B50 I havent removed the inner seal though,The reason I asked was I thought someone might have come up with a better idea.

Mark

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1