Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Schipper fabrik pannier bags

Hi all

Can Anyone confirm how much these bags are landed into the uk from the usa, post & customs etc

Many thanks

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Schipper fabrik pannier bags

Hi John..Incoming parcels from the States are subject to various charges but due to the large volume of parcels involved not all are processed, so sometimes they arrive bearing only the shipping charge and the purchase price. I'm not sure of the current cost of the bags and shipping. However, if your parcel is one of those picked out you need to add those two together and apply VAT at 20%. There will also then be an internatiional shipping charge levied by the UK post office for collecting the VAT on behalf of the government. Customs wise, I have bought quite a few parts from the U.S. and have yet to pay any customs duties.
I generally work out the 'worst case scenario' and if that is acceptable then getting one through 'free' is a bonus.
I have had two parcels arrive on the same day with one 'charged' and the other not 'charged'
Google 'excise duties' and you can check out the relevant charges and percentages...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

HM customs can charge what they like it doesnt have anything to do with the cost of the item you brought a private company calculates how much customs will charge which they get a percentage of call me a sinic but what a loverly business to be in

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Paid customs for my bags last week. From memory it was £20 ish which was made up of vat plus an £8 admin charge. God bless our government, at least my £20 won't be wasted!

Hi Lee
What was the cost to you total for the bags ?
Many thanks
Job

Ron and I got lucky when we bought our bags and paid no charges...If I remember correctly they were about £100 inc. shipping...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian
Job

Not too sure at the mo John as I'm in France, but I'll have a look when I'm back. Ian's figure of £100 plus import tax sounds about right though. Ps had lunch at Pegasus Bridge today - nothing to do with pannier bags but felt like sharing!

I used to buy a lot of stuff in from overseas, HM Customs add the value of the item (which the sender writes on a sticker on the parcel) with the postage cost and charge VAT + handling fee. If an item is over 100 years old the VAT is 5% If the parcel is marked as a gift you can have up to a value of £40 free of charge. If you have a helpful seller, ask him to put the value of the item at less than £40 in USD and mark the parcel as a gift. Don't then put a receipt inside the parcel of the correct amount in case they open it. This doesn't work if you want to insure the item for more than £40 as then you need to put the correct amount so you can make a claim.

I'm not condoning this sort of behaviour as I'm sure it is illegal to defraud HM Customs, but this is what I've heard some people do...!

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

hi, i bought a brand spankin new set of a65 barrels, about £200 plus shipping about £60 very happy.when delivered parcel force had opened them so customs could have a look then re sealed them charge £8.00 duty to pay £20.00,or if not paid within x amount of days parcel would be returned to sender.luckily sender had put value at $72.00 dollars otherwise i think it would have been much higher. any body needs clarification ill dig out the invoice cheers rick (i was only bringing em home )

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1