Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1969 Ruddington auction

Just found this on another forum:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?25364-Auxiliary-Fire-Service-Matchless/page2

Maybe somebody recognizes his registration number in the list...? Always nice to find a bit of history on your bike...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Re: 1969 Ruddington auction

Blimey, that's close. The reg on my keycard was 35 YD 77!

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

very interesting i wonder if anybody bike is on this list where are the YE regs boo hoo

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Guys

That initial post was by me, I bought Matchless WXR 594

A lot of information has come in to me since I made the post, as you can see the Ruddington Sales Catalogues are a great source of information.

email (option): dave.stapleton626@virgin.net

Could someone with a BSA key card set have a look at the information given there, now that Ruddington dates and sales are confirmed ? It might just be the 'Rosetta Stone' that helps de-code those odd references on the cards.

Rik
Could someone with a BSA key card set have a look at the information given there, now that Ruddington dates and sales are confirmed ? It might just be the 'Rosetta Stone' that helps de-code those odd references on the cards.

Rik, there are only 5 people with the Key card info, Rob Miller, Henk Joore, Eric, and whatshisname the Dutchman from far away, and I have the originals.

Just Checked and data seems to be correct, but only checked a couple of numbers.

No Rosetta stone for me here! have been down that road anyway, as I have some early sales cat's myself.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Alex

On the subject of Key Cards, I have been told that Home Office/Civil Defence motorcycles, such as the Auxiliary Fire Service Matchless motorcycles I am researching, also had key cards. Do you have any info on this?

Dave
Hi Alex

On the subject of Key Cards, I have been told that Home Office/Civil Defence motorcycles, such as the Auxiliary Fire Service Matchless motorcycles I am researching, also had key cards. Do you have any info on this?

Dave, unfortunatly not, and never heard of them either, will ask a chappie in the RLC museum though, but I think he said they had no motorcycle stuff save BSA B40's

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks Alex

hi,very interesting article.to follow on ive just googled Walker Walton&Hanson auctioneers,and they are still in business.i turned up an intrview with mr hanson all about the days of the big ministry clearances, heres a link http://www.ruddington-history.org.uk/b2b/interviews/06-hanson.htm .i continued searching in my limited capacity (im not very good with computers)and found the nottingham archive listed on the same page as the interview has all the records of the auctioneers going back to the 1800s,line 12 on the list.so if somebody local with a bit of spare time can get down there details of every machine disposed of may still be available cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Good info. Rick, well worth following up. Thanks.

hi dave,just dug a little deeper and found this photo http://www.ruddington-history.org.uk/b2b/photos/albumpost/indphoto/C002h.htm also the names of more auctioneers from other parts of the country dealing with disposal,ill keep you informed cheers rick

as the auctioneer said lots of bikes went out of the depot in the back of a lorry so not realy any good to find indivigial bikes

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

hi roger ,if you look at jans posting there is a link to an original catalogue ,every bike has its regisration number listed. so if the nottingham archive has the auctioneers catalogues/sales records as they say they have,by searching for your registration number you may also find out how much the bike sold for, to who and the date it was sold.then with that information you could probably go to the dvla and find out what happened to it after that cheers rick

Nieuwe pagina 1