Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
footrest splines

Hi there
Went for a long ride on the m20 framed thing. I was "lifting up" over bumps to combat discomfort.
The footrest on the brake side has swivelled downwards, applying the rear brake, then got stuck there.
Managed to re position and tighten but then it swivelled just with the weight of my foot. had to ride home with my foot on the primary case.
I think the splines are trashed. is there a tip for securing these without forking out loot?

email (option): hutman80@hotmail.com

Re: footrest splines

there are splines in the fotrest and on the mount, but also there is a little steel peg on the footrest mount which fits in a hole on the back, if the splines have gone they have gone, if the little steel peg has gone you can replace it by brazing another one in, the footrest needs to come off so you can access chaincase, any bodge to it would most likely lead to it not being removable when you want to, or it going unexpectedly when you stand on it. have a look and see which bit has gone.

These are readily available through Wassells and no doubt MCA they are made in India but are actually ok to use

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks, I have looked, The splines on the sleeve look good, The splines in the footrest=gone!

So Yea looks like the only option is a new footrest.

Ok cool, I am not bothered about original m20 type.
I assume any bsa footrest will fit? b/m/a etc

Hi Maxwell.. you will need a footrest from a B Series rigid or plunger model or an M Series rigid or plunger model. A Series footrests for plungers have a taper mount, not splines and all swinging arm models are splined but are different footrests...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thanks cheers

Nieuwe pagina 1