Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
why the $1%!; part 3a (with pics now :) )

Okay hopefully I have the correct link for the photos now. (paste the entire thing). So everyone seems to think it might be piston nipping so I was hopping I would see some damage or something to indicate what is going on when I removed the head.

Bike keeps stopping going up a slow grade but only after the tapping on the right side turns into clanking and then the bike shuts off completely. (please check earlier posts by me) As far as I can tell no damage whatsoever or carbon build up. PLease take a look and tell me if I am missing something. Thanks

https://picasaweb.google.com/115674442219018009194/July232011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

email (option): jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Re: why the $1%!; part 3a (with pics now :) )

sorry jeff just lovely kid again

Sorry here is better link with the privacy turned off.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115674442219018009194/BsaMotorcyclePics?authuser=0&feat=directlink

jeff
Okay hopefully I have the correct link for the photos now. (paste the entire thing). So everyone seems to think it might be piston nipping so I was hopping I would see some damage or something to indicate what is going on when I removed the head.

Bike keeps stopping going up a slow grade but only after the tapping on the right side turns into clanking and then the bike shuts off completely. (please check earlier posts by me) As far as I can tell no damage whatsoever or carbon build up. PLease take a look and tell me if I am missing something. Thanks

https://picasaweb.google.com/115674442219018009194/July232011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

email (option): jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Sorry Jeff But i can not open your pic's. Might be my computer though. Can you take the valve chest cover off as well and take some pics ?

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Jeff I have been able to view you piston pictures from the start of this thread 3A. However as already stated, a picture of the top of your piston will not tell us much. Better to look down the bore for signs of damage/scuffing. But far better to remove the barrel where you can get it inspected thoroughly. It sounds to me like either the piston is nipping or that a valve (probably exhaust) is momentarily sticking open when the engine gets hot. either way the barrel must come off. The problem could arise from some engine work being performed by a machine shop who are only used to working on modern engines and without the knowledge of the greater clearances required on these hot running SV's. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

From the pics, it looks like it running rather weak. I would expect the ex valve to be about the same colour as the inlet and the plug to be a nice tea colour with a dark outer ring.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Jeff, have you taken the barrel off yet..? What's the verdict..?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1