Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Talflow, or not?

Hi Guys,
While you were sunning yourselves at Beltring, I snuck off to Founders day and found some goodies.
Amongst them was this very reasonably priced filter box.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Is it a Talfow?
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Re: Talflow, or not?

Very rare find Mick. Is it a real one? I think they were fitted to pre/early war Nortons and certainly some BSA's for the India office. But what else? Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have only seen them with the cover extended at the end of the air intake and a part removed at the other end to clear the tube. Does yours seems to have that extension removed? Could the cover have been home made? It's quite different from the one in this photo or is an earlier proto type like one?

Henk

talflow

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi all,
The cover doesn't seem to have been messed with, and it all seems to be the same vintage. The cover is held on with countersunk screws, how is yours fixed, Henk?
There are four bolts in the bottom corners with have the remains of mounting rubbers attached. It looks very well made, not homemade or Indian.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Mine also had countersunk screws. Mine is missing the rubber on these four bolts would yours still be good enough to get an idea what they look like?

Henk

This isn't mine by the way.

Henk

Talflow1

Talflow2

Talflow3

Talflow4

Talflow5

Talflow6

Mick, I had same filter in my hands at Beltring, but it looked too home made for my taste, and decided not to buy it, after seeing Henk's pictures I don't regret that decision.

Maybe you can alter it to make it look better?

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Nieuwe pagina 1