Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
war and peace show

went saturday there didnt seem to be a lot of bsa m20 about or spares i only saw a what the seller said was a m21 with loads of bits missing £3700 i think henk had been through the stalls like a whirlwind collecting up all the spares on wednesday other WD bikes for sale at being polite very good prices ie expensive

Re: war and peace show

It wasn't me there buying all those nice M20 parts. There were other Dutch around I am afraid. I did find quite a lot of nice NOS BSA parts here in Holland that I am quite sure that they will become mine. Nice NOS cylinder head and a used aluminium head in very good condition, original crankcase breather tubes and even a few new old stock magneto HT leads still nicely wrapped in military style, not sure if they can still be used. I also hope to get a NOS WDM20 engine bottom end, the flywheels still shine like new and a more or less front fork. Lots and lots more. When I have the parts I'll post some photos here.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

On Thursday i visited a stand that had 3 or 4 engines on the ground..there was a nice looking WD G3L engine but who knows what it was like inside...he wanted £450 which i thought was enough..think there was a 16H engine but no so good....maybe the same stand as the BSA frame....he had a reasonable range of bike bits including headlight shells etc... Ed

email (option): edd@abbottracing.com

Yes that was Steve Jones and family of "Yeomans Motorcycles" I bought a Triumph 3SW engine from him and left a deposit against a pre war heavyweight Triumph rear frame section. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

That same WM21 was for sale at founders day!

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

It was mick

Yeomans decamped from war & peace on saturday evening

Its a fine project that !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I certainly would have bought it (if I had the money!!)

mick i tried to look up this founders day event where was it

Hi Roger, its a one day event run by the VMCC at Stamford Hall, on the A14/M1/M6 interchange. Its run simular to the Banbury run event(without the run).
It took me over five hours to get round the jumble and that was with me bypassing most of the repro sellers, tool stalls etc. I never got the chance to go round the club stands or the arena events. It was a bloody knackering day. If I had a fortune I could have spent it! There were some fantastic bikes on offer, from stoneage to modern, with spares to match. Its just a pity it clashed with Beltring this year, normally its the weekend after. Google VMCC Founders day.
Cheers, Mick.

thank you mick that the trouble with some of these show they are getting very large not enough hour to look round and my knees will not take the mileage i spent 1/2 the day looking round the stalls at the war and peace show didnt see much bsa stuff or ww2 kit

Hi all, searched high and low for stuff, at last minuit 2ish sunday, found a few MC tools inc four small aj wrenches, and war dated small tools inc enfield,and bsa, my haul worst for years, mind you should have been there wens, instead of sat, bumped into a few of you,missed ride out, brought my G3, and original as found M20 along,We have got to do a MC depot next year, whos up for it, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1