Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Footrest Distance Piece

Hi,

I've realised that this bike has probably been dropped at some stage in its life - and the footrest distance peice on the right hand side is bent. So when I try to push the footrest tie stud through, it just jams up. Does anyone have a spare one lying around - or have the tools needed to straighten this one out. Its not bent too severely, but enough to need something doing about it.

Thanks,

Andy

email (option): adh325@hotmail.com

Re: Footrest Distance Piece

Hi Andy,

I have a nice spare. Where are you?

I'm in the States.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hey Robb, I'm in Scotland UK, so postage might bomb it out as an option! But thanks very much for the offer.

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

Just heat it up and whack a piece of correctly sized bar all the way through it!

The e bay footrest tubes are the Indian ones. I have used these but they can be very tight on the mounting splines..you may have to 'work' your original footrests on and off them a number of times to get some clearance and a sliding fit (by hand)...and getting them on there initially can be difficult.
They need to be a sliding fit or you will end up cursing when the time comes to remove them again!
Other than that they will do the job. To be honest though, heating and straightening the originals is not too difficult..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'm with Ian. No sense trashing a saveable part when you can fix it for free!

Besides that, think of the skills you learn, and the pride in a job well done when you tell your story about bringing the bike back. They had to use them during the war didn't they? Just pretend you are at a REME depot when this happens.

Cheers

PS: I'll take all the "banged, dented and warped" parts anyone wants to junk because they aren't pretty enough!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1