Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
carb spacer

Should I have a spacer in between the carb and the head? Right now I made my own gasket out of a felt/ rubber combo. It seems to seal well but should it be thicker and made of a different material?

The only thing I notice is that i have to adjust my pilot air adjustment screw all the way in to have it idle correctly. ( I have a brand new carb from Amal on the bike.)

Also does anyone know wher I can get a spring rear pannier?

email (option): Jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Re: carb spacer

That spacer should IMHO be at least 1/4" (6mm) thick, and preferably be of Tufnol. But I made my first one out of 10mm MDF, and that lasted a couple of years

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

If I didn't have that spacer, could that be why my bike stops running after it gets hot? Such after it climbs a long hill to my house? It also develops a knocking. Thanks

Hans WDM20 58764
That spacer should IMHO be at least 1/4" (6mm) thick, and preferably be of Tufnol. But I made my first one out of 10mm MDF, and that lasted a couple of years

email (option): jeff@infinitymedspa.com

hi jeff draganfly motor cycles sell an aluminium spacer aprox 2"in length i have fitted one on my wm20ihad one fitted on my m21 in1968 you will need longer studs this block aidsto mist the petrol going into cylinder before firing

hi jeff ,looks like henk has a couple of carb spacers in the box of goodies he has for sale ,get your order in quick cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1