Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need dimensions of girder fork spacer

Hi all,
I can't for the life of me find the tapered cone spacer that sits on top of the girder fork spring, or the bolt with the round end with a pin in it. I'm sure it's here somewhere- but I need it now! Of course I bought the bike with the front end partially dismantled, so maybe I don't have it anyway. If somebody could post the dimensions (just the height of the spacer) I could make do until I find it.
Maybe it's with the field stand I can't find either?
Thanks, Vince

email (option): bsa3man@rocketmail.com

Re: Need dimensions of girder fork spacer

Do you have a lathe. I made one just by looking at the parts list it's fairly obvious what shape it is.

Hey Vincent,

My bike is dis-assembled too. However, I think I know where my spacer is.

Can you tell me the part numbers? I may have already drawn this on Autocad. If I haven't, I will and send you a PDF.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi,
Yes I do have a lathe (an old Atlas 6", way before the days of Autocad though... )
I could make one up from the pictures, just need the dimensions. Looks to ba about an inch tall, I suppose it doesn't have to be too critical just need a close estimate.
Thanks,
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Oddly enough I can't find my parts book, and don't see it on the M20 picture pages Henk has posted either. I do have a number for the pin bolt , 24-5228 but not the cone spacer.
I'll probably go with about 1" tall, looks pretty close anyway.
Vince

Robb @ British Tool
Hey Vincent,

My bike is dis-assembled too. However, I think I know where my spacer is.

Can you tell me the part numbers? I may have already drawn this on Autocad. If I haven't, I will and send you a PDF.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

I have measured the one on my M33 which must be the same, I only measured using a rule but it is 3/4" deep, 1 3/4" wide on the piece that sits on the spring this bit appears to be 1/8" deep and the top where it meets the yoke is about 3/4" wide, there is of course a piece that sits inside of the spring but this I can't measure but I'm sure you could quess this part by measuring the inside dia of the spring. Hope this is some help.

Thanks Ian,
I have the snail-like bit that fits inside ths spring, just needed the upper part and bolt.
Like I said I may or may not have them around here, but I'm not going to drive myself foolish looking for them I'll make something up to suit for m=now.
Thanks, Vince

Ian Clare
I have measured the one on my M33 which must be the same, I only measured using a rule but it is 3/4" deep, 1 3/4" wide on the piece that sits on the spring this bit appears to be 1/8" deep and the top where it meets the yoke is about 3/4" wide, there is of course a piece that sits inside of the spring but this I can't measure but I'm sure you could quess this part by measuring the inside dia of the spring. Hope this is some help.

email (option): vinver at ns.sympatico.ca

Nieuwe pagina 1