The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
non wm20 question can any one help, triumph t100 numbers

hi all could any one help on some info on a triumph t100
it has the same numbers on the engine and frame
41870 and have BRSL and the engine does have t100 stamped, i was told its a 1953 (should be rigid) but its a swingarm, the dvla says its a 1959,
no one knows what the BRSL means,
any one got any ideas???
ps i found this at my lacal scrappy yesterday

thanks barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Re: non wm20 question can any one help, triumph t100 numbers

hi barry,nice find,what did you give prey tell(you dont have to).only thing that springs to mind, you may have an early courier bike,BRSL british road sevices ltd.i had a mate who drove trucks for them ,dont know if ther'e still in business.looks like youv'e a nice pair of acront rims on it should clean up nicely.ill ask my mate he's a big triumph man any more info ill pass it on.you can always ask mike worthington-williams at the old bike mart.he may even run a piece about it.see the previous post ''check your local green waste site'' for another find this week. hope this helps rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: non wm20 question can any one help, triumph t100 numbers

Hi Barry, according to the book it does date it at 53, but as 54 was the first of the T100 swingarms and this looks like a special order, it might have just made it to a swingarm frame. That's my guess anyway. You can usually tell if someone has re-stamped the frame, so have a good look at the frame number. If it's the correct type of stamps etc I'd say it was genuine. Nice find

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1