Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bar Levers

Hi, Could use some comments as to whether these are the correct configuration for the earlier WM21/20. Thanks for your viewing. Also not sure what and how the cables are tied into the levers. Missing one large dowel, but can be machined. Noticed they are pierced.

Photobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Bar Levers

as long as these are 7/8th dia thy look good for the pre 1940 m20, 21 22 23 series.

cables fit through a drilled pivot clamp.

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Thanks Chris, I noticed that they are also used on Henk's machine in the Forum picture. I was just questionning the longer lever on the left side.

Hi Henri, have these on my M20, the long lever is actually used as the valve lifter as opposed to the small trigger lever used with other levers. There is a button catch on the right hand levers for locking the front brake on when used with a side car out fit. Have seen these levers command high prices on the bay so its increased the value of your bike already Ian H.

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

Hi Henri, I think these nice levers are a very good design: compact, strong, nicely made. All the controls are in the right position, especially the valve lifter works very handy. Most ideally are these levers in combination with the pre-war straight pull mechanisme for the ignition (through the handlebar). But I think BSA stopped with this mechanisme just before the war.

Have them on my M21 for a few months now and it is a delight to ride with. Regards, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Thanks guys, useful comments and appreciated.

Hi Henri..The longer lever is the valve lifter, not the Adv/Rtd lever. That is a completely seperate lever fitted to the left hand side of the bars.
Cables for these levers do not have a soldered on nipple at the handlebar end...the cable is retained by a screw/ clamp. When making up cables it is worth soldering the end of the cable before fitting to prevent fraying...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Got it, just what I needed.

Nieuwe pagina 1