Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Picture

What is that funny pedal lever thing,butting up against the rear brake pedal ? Is it some kind of stop ? And why does there seem to be a big penny washer holding it on,to the primary chain case,it is indeed a strange set up,I have not seen anything like this before,also a odd-looking rear light,could it be canibalised from a bicycle ? The rest of the machine looks good,so whats these strange items that are fitted,any answers ?

email (option): glesgaman@tiscali.co.uk

Re: Forum Picture

No mystery there, looks like he's added it to stop his foot slipping off!

hi tommy,where are you based? im in whitefield ,also upth north.the big washer is holding the footrest rubber on , apparently this was prior to the flat type foot rest with the diagonals on. im just going to search for an article on how to make them and ill put a link here cheers rick hello again tommy,the site i was on about is called birminghamtoberlin.com two guys who are restoring a couple of wm20s ,they did an article on these footrests very interesting ,let me know what you think bloody hell im back again,he also shows how to make that back light body from another type interesting reading,innovation and getting the job done,cant beat it.

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

That rear lamp is the Lucas MT1130. Fitted for the BSA model year 1940 only Sept39-Aug40. The rear number plate is also unique for that year also. Although they did use it the following year with the MT110 lamp fitted.
The lamp is nearly the same as the Jag (and others) 1130 front side lamp, but with red lens and lumber plate illumination.

Here is my 39 C10. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1