Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got worn out eyes?

On some internet explorers if you press and hold the Ctrl button then tap the += button, you can zoom in on the screen. To zoom out again hold the Ctrl button and tap the _- button.

This is usefull for zooming in to the pitchurs posted on this forum, and helps if you just struggle to read the text.

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

Re: Got worn out eyes?

hi cant even see thz buuutenz toniyt

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thanks for the tip, works on mine! Although I clicked on the link since I was replacing bushings in my girder fork lower triple clamp today and thought it might refer to the worn bushings ;) Incidentally, I bought off-the-shelf oilite bronze type bearings, hope they are suitable for the task. Just had to drill a hole for the grease fitting .
Does anybody know if oilite bronze is suitable for this purpose?
Vince

email (option): bsa3man@rocketmail.com

hi vince,i cant see why oilite bushes wouldnt be up to the job.sintered impregnated bushings at least offer some lubrication if you forget. take a look at sump magazines website, an article on a guy who restores girder forks,he uses them ,hope this helps rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Sintered buhes should be OK if you get them in the correct size but I seem to remember reading that if you have to ream them or whatever you will change the surface properties and lose the lubricating proprties.
Anyone know for sure?
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I think the problem is if the reamer is not sharp enough. Sintered bronze has a porous structure and a blunt reamer can smear the surface closing off the pores.

My M20 girders were rebuilt using sintered bronze for the bushes. After about 3000-4000 miles they were completely worn away. Since sintered bronze is full of holes it will collapse very quickly. I have just had new bushes made from cast bronze and not phosphor bronze. I was advised by two professional precision engineers about this. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1