Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Schipperfabrik bags' cautionary note

Just before Normandy I fitted a pair of the 'Schipperfabrik' pannier bags to the M20..generally I am very happy with them, although they would benefit from an additional inch or two on the length of the 'cross strap' that joins the two bags together as it is barely long enough.
However, I had cause to remove them recently and two of the press studs parted company from the leather corner pieces as they were removed. The press studs are a pretty tight fit to the 'male' part of the stud fitted to the carrier frames.
Foolishly, when I fitted them I did not grease the two halves of the press studs before fitting. Probably due to this and a little corrosion the force required to seperate them caused the damage.
So apply some grease before fitting if you are using these bags....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: 'Schipperfabrik bags' cautionary note

Thanks for the tip!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nice tip! I had the same deal on my MGA top. It was a rag anyway, but I never thought of it. Should work for the boat too.....

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Ian

I have some spare brass pres studs if you need them.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I think that there was quite a bit of salt in the air in Normandy. Even my tools in the roll went rusty.

There was a lot of salt in those puddles on the beach at Asnelles! ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I had mine pull through the leather, yes, I pulled too hard, I tend to be that way. Now I part them by using a fine blade screw driver, a very slight twist and they unsnap easily. They are tight!

Nieuwe pagina 1