Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA VS GILERA & MOTO GUZZI

Dear everyone,
first of all I want to say thank you for your help, for sure WDBSA is my favorite website!
Now I would like to speak about the nice day I spent yesterday with the friends of the Vintage Motorcycle club. For me yesterday 270 km with my M20 in to the alps mountains…..really heavy, we lost by the way 1 Moto Guzzi sidecar 500 cc, 1 Sertum 500 cc side valve, 1 Norton dominator 500 cc 1949….but not the WD M20 !!!

We started having a look at the private collection of RT, the organizer….have a look…is an amazing collection!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the visit, we start to ride our vintage motorcycles in the alps. A lot of Gilera – Moto Guzzi – Benelli but only one WD M20 (I was alone with my BSA….hope next year to have someone of you). First pit stop in Gemona del Friuli (city destroyed by the earthquake 1976), for a prosciutto (San Daniele) degustation. As Ian say “I love the smell of prosciutto and cabernet (red wine) in the morning”.
After that, ride to Sella Chianzutan 955 mt and monte Muris (site of the Alpini forces - monument – WW2) – lunch time and relax before coming home.

Photobucket

Riding back to home, a friend of mine with a Norton Dominator had a problem with the magneto….so I had to “load him on the back" for 30 km……. BSA 1 : Norton 0

Ciao ciao my friends, Devis V.

email (option): vadori@libero.it

Re: BSA VS GILERA & MOTO GUZZI

Nice write up and great pictures Devis
At least those Guzzi's carry a device for slicing the picnic ham. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Nice write up and great pictures Devis
At least those Guzzi's carry a device for slicing the picnic ham. Ron

Looking at those tank-top tool boxes, they carry one for battering the meat balls too

Not only an impressive collection but an impressive building to house it in ...and plenty of nice Italian sunshine as well by the look of it. I'll pass on the breakfast though...what's 'Fry Up' in Italian? ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I am very happy you like the post, and I agree ....Moto Guzzi's carry a device for slicing ham. In Italy we say exactly the same thing !!! And what about the Norton?! The problem was the capacitor. Hope to see you in Italy next time to ride - eat ham and drink good vine all togheter. Ciao ciao my friends DV

email (option): vadori@libero.it

Nieuwe pagina 1