Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irish WM20 records?

I've been trying to find as much historical info about my '44 as possible and in an earlier post someone suggested that as my bike spent some (post-war?) time in Ireland that Irish records may exist. The frame no. is WM20 110717 with a likely C no. of C5551417. Any help will be gratefully recieved.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Irish WM20 records?

I just send you a photo of bikes with tank numbers close to yours.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

you could try the museum at corks collins barracks? they have an amount of paperwork though im not sure about bike stuff? if nothing else the curator is helpfull and may know of something?

It was Mick Walsh who had been delving in the records there. Maybe worth dropping him a line ?

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1107515&cmd=show

It would seem that Irish military bikes had Dublin registration numbers and those records still exist.

Hi lee
Access to records in ireland has been historically difficult

My "friend" a retired garda was somtimes able to get access but it depended entirely on who was on at the time !!

Mick walsh has had more success in dublin where as rik mentioned bikes were registered, in fact all military & state vehicles are still registered there

The zc zd prefixes were common

Mick looked for mine 107738, same contract as yours, but could not turn up details, although i believe earlier bikes are listed

Hopefully, mick might be able to help you in this instance

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

lee, all the war time irish registration books are available to view, by arrangement at the pearse st library in dublin...
not easy though to track them down.
try the vmcc for the factory despatch records, that might help when you need to locate the year book.
mick and rod helped to find mine, once i had that information.

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Thanks to you all. I think I'll try Mick and the VMCC as a first port of call and I'll keep you posted with any developments.

Lee.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1