Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP ! BSA - BIBLE ?

Dear all, is there a book that speaks about the models produced by BSA form the beginning? I mean a sort of bible with pictures and tecnichal data? or a series of books that can cover all the BSA production? I need them because sometimes happens that I have to make a tecnichal analisys of BSA motorcycles for the FMI (italian motorcicle federation) but unfortunatly not all the info I need are available in our database. Last week for example I had a W32_7 ....but as you can immagine, for me has been really difficult to find info .......Thanks again Devis V.

email (option): vadori@libero.it

Re: HELP ! BSA - BIBLE ?

Hi Devis..There is no book that covers BSAs from the introduction of their first all BSA model in 1911 through to the end of production. If there was it would be bigger than the Bible!!
Bacon covers postwar models fairly well in..'BSA Gold Stars and other singles' and 'BSA Twins and Triples'
The Steve Madden and Chris Orchard book has some good info. on wartime BSAs.
Pre war it gets a lot more difficult and there are a lot more models. It might be worth trying to access the archives of the VMCC, BSA owners club and the Mortons Publishing group..who hold the archives of most pre war magazines,for specific model information...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

there is a book about BSA during the second world war does include arm manufacturing cant find the name but someone on this forum will know it title a very good read

roger
there is a book about BSA during the second world war does include arm manufacturing cant find the name but someone on this forum will know it title a very good read

The Other Battle by Donovan Ward

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

The re are quite a few period books published on pre war models. Pitman's Book of the BSA published a range of books (1st up until 11th edition running from about 1919 up until the 1940's). Then there is D.W. Munro BSA motorcycles which covers models from 1931 up to the early 1950's. MotorCylcing produced a boolket (republished by BMS) BSA motorcycles 1935-1940. All these books contain technical information on pre war models. However before 1930 the information is more incomple. The factory dispatch records are available as of the mid 1920's. But I have recently found out that they too are not complete. And finally the real treasure trove: BSA published motorcycle data books per year. I only have the 1936 edition but these contain lot of technical info like (genuine not ACU) HP rating, top speeds, gearing, etc.
So it's out there.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1