Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
number query

another number query with my wm20, ive been getting more orinal parts from the last owner, i got the fuel tank today and it has a number on both sides 7420MD330 in pink hand written paint and on the oil tank it reads 0MD330 in an off white, could the main numbers mean anything or could it be some sort of lubrication number? any ideas
regards barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Re: number query

Hi Barry, The number on the oiltank is the postwar Army oil code...OMD330...Oil,Mineral,Detergent 330.
Not sure about the petrol tank marking which also incorporates this code...Artistic license perhaps?...or maybe someone else recognises this one....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Barry

I wonder if oil would be put in the petrol tank to protect it from rust during long term storage?

742 could be a lot number from a disposal sale??

Any chance of some photos.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hi, I took a few pics of the tank to show you the number, also has anyone got any ideas on the fuel cap???? thanks Barry

Hi barry,

if you find you want to part with the tank for a later one i'll gladly swap !

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

chris b
Hi barry,

if you find you want to part with the tank for a later one i'll gladly swap !

Hi Chris,

I think this is the correct early tank for Barrys M20 too.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

hi thanks chris b for the offer but id like to keep the bike as original as i can, im just waiting for the field stand and sump guard of the last owner, he keeps finding bits hear and there but hes had it for over 20 yrs, but there are bits i still need to get like the piston and rings but to be honest i have not got a clue on what size piston to get but thats something ive got to find out, im still waiting for the mag dyno (in bits), both rear and primary chains, and more
its all good fun ay,

thanks barry

Nieuwe pagina 1