Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cylinder measure/ eng number?

hi
i have measured the cylinder bore and it reads 81.86mm is this standard so i know which piston to buy and rebore, also the eng number reads W (P or B)then maybe A or 4) then 48008 can anyone help with this as it will be a problem when I want to register.

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Re: cylinder measure/ eng number?

Hi Mark...yes, that's a standard bore, unless there is any heavy scoring or unusually heavy wear it should clean up on +.020" (1/2mm). It would be best to get the barrel measured accurately at a few points along its length and diameter to confirm this though, before buying a piston..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thanks
do you mean i can rebore at 20thou

any idea on the engine number

Hi Mark...It would be rebored to +.020"oversize, the next size up from standard. Note my comments in the previous post though about scoring, wear and getting the barrel measured before buying a suitable piston......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thanks ian.
if you cant help with the emgine number do you know anyone who can, i need to know what it mught be for registration
mark

Hi Mark

Can you supply a photo of your engine number

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

hi rob
i sent photo to your email address, how do i attach photo;s to this page theres no ikon for attachments

mark(hope you can help, with eng number

Hi Mark

To post a picture on here you need to open an account (free) with a site like photobucket, upload your picture there and then copy and past on here, its a bit time consuming but it does work.

Here is your engine number, it appears to have been partly erased but you can still just see the original "WM20.4?00?", someone has then over stamped two of the digits with 8's but its anyone's guess if that's what they were originally.

So your engine number now reads WM20 48008, but if your bike has to be examined prior to registering it, you might have a problem.

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1